Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need help setting up Paypal

Need help setting up Paypal 7 years 1 day ago #3466

I cannot get Quicksell to work with Paypal . I don't know if I'm supposed to ask for API permission or what. No matter how I set it up, I keep getting 500 Internal Server Error.

It would really help if you had a user guide for this product. I feel lost trying to use it.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need help setting up Paypal 6 years 11 months ago #3470

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Hello,

That is a problem with PayPal's sandbox mdoe, it's not related/caused by the plugin.

I hope they fix it soon. It's been a few months like that.

Thanks
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com

Need help setting up Paypal 6 years 11 months ago #3479

I now have paypal working, but I cannot get the shopping cart to work properly, I don't know where to put the balance module, I'm not sure which item should be used when setting up the shopping cart menu item, etc. And I'm having several other problems.

1. I copied 2 buttons to one of the articles where I have an item to sell. When I click on the add to shopping cart, the whole website freezes.
2. When I click on the shopping cart menu item, half of what should appear is too far to the right. All you can see is a button for checkout and another white button that disappears into the right hand side of the page
3. Am I supposed to have a page set up for the shopping cart as well as a menu item. I thought you told me I didn't need to set up a special page because the shopping cart was "already there". What exactly does that mean?
4. How do I get the entire shopping cart to shop up when I click on the shopping cart menu item?
5. Where am I supposed to put the QuickSell Balance module. Inn another article? On a page? Does it need a separate page built for it? How does it get linked to the shopping cart?
6. When I am setting up the Menu Item for the shopping cart, what do I pick for the Menu Item Type? Once I click on Quicksell, I expected to see a shopping cart. Instead I see the options Deposit (what page should this go on?), My Orders (do I pick this one?), Order Now (this doesn't sound like the one I want), Partner Statistics (I know I don't want this one), statistics (do I link this to an administrator menu item of some kind?), Thank you Page and Thank you Page deposit (I am sure I don't select either one of these).
7. I asked before if I need a store plugin, and you said no. So where is my store for all of my downloads? In one or more articles? How do they all get tied together?

Since you don't want to write a user guide, could you make some videos on how exactly we are supposed to set up our website for the shopping cart and other items I listed above?

I would rather have a guide so I can go to the section I need instead of having to watch videos each time I want to know something - it takes too long. But I guess videos are better than nothing.

This is not a product that just takes a few second to set up like you were telling me, especially for those of us who are new to joomla. There is much more to making this product work than setting up the configuration.

Need help setting up Paypal 6 years 11 months ago #3480

More Issues:

clicked on the shopping cart in my menu even though only half it showed up there. Came up that then showed the whole shopping cart.
Why does the shopping cart show up under the menu item when I hover over it if a whole page comes up with the shopping cart items in it.

Now I can see all the shopping cart options on the page that displays. Even though the whole website freezes when I click on the add to shopping cart button, the item I chose now displays in the shopping cart list of items and their cost. However, there is a message to the left of the list that says "Sorry, you have not placed any orders yet.

Why does it say I haven't placed any orders and at the same time shows the item I chose and the price.

Another problem in the list of items and their cost, it cuts off the title of the item. How do I get it to display the entire name?

When I click on the Check Out button below the list of items in my cart, nothing happens.

Need help setting up Paypal 6 years 11 months ago #3481

I realized I put these questions in the wrong topic. You can close this one and I will start a new one.

Need help setting up Paypal 6 years 11 months ago #3500

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Hello Kim,

Just to answer the original question.

The ERROR 500 comes up in PayPal due to a problem with their sandbox system. It's unstable and randomly gives the error for no obvious reasons, no matter which plugin us used to submit the payment to it. Users of all sorts of commercial plugins are complaining.

I'll answer your other questions in the other topic.

Thanks
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds