Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need help setting up shopping cart and other items

Need help setting up shopping cart and other items 6 years 11 months ago #3482

I have your extension configured, and paypal seems to be working, but there are still many questions I have to get this set up and working so I can sell the downloads I want to sell.

I cannot get the shopping cart to work properly, I don't know where to put the balance module, I'm not sure which item should be used when setting up the shopping cart menu item, etc.

1. I copied 2 buttons to one of the articles where I have an item to sell. However, when I click on the add to shopping cart, the whole website freezes. Why is it freezing?
2. When I hover over on the shopping cart menu item, half of the shopping cart buttons do not display - they are too far to the right. All you can see is a button for checkout and another white button that disappears into the right hand side of the page
3. Am I supposed to have a page set up for the shopping cart as well as a menu item. I thought you told me I didn't need to set up a special page because the shopping cart was "already there". What exactly does that mean?
4. Once I click on the shopping cart menu item, a page does appear with the shopping cart on it. Why does it display when I hover and also display on a page when I click on the menu item?
5. Even though the whole website freezes when I click on the add to shopping cart button, the item I wanted to add to the shopping cart now displays in the shopping cart but half of the name of the item does not display. How do I get the entire name of the item to display in the list.
6. Another problem is there is a message to the left of the cart that says " However, there is a message to the left of the list that says "Sorry, you have not placed any orders yet. Why does this message appear even though there is an item in the shopping cart.
7. Nothing happens when I click on the checkout button. Why? I realize it doesn't think I ordered anything, but then why is the item in the cart and the price listed next to it?
8. Where am I supposed to put the QuickSell Balance module. In another article? On a page? Does it need a separate page built for it already? Am I supposed to connect it to a menu item? How does it get linked to the shopping cart?
9. When I am setting up the Menu Item for the shopping cart, what do I pick for the Menu Item Type? Once I click on Quicksell, I expected to see a shopping cart option. Instead, I see these options:
- Deposit (what page should this go on?),
- My Orders (do I pick this one?),
- Order Now (this doesn't sound like the one I want),
- Partner Statistics (I know I don't want this one),
- Statistics (do I link this to an administrator menu item of some kind?),
- Thank you Page and Thank you Page deposit (I am sure I don't select either one of these).
10. I asked before if I need a store plugin, and you said no. So where is my store for all of my downloads? In one or more articles? How do they all get tied together to be a "store"?
11. Do I need separate menu items for the customer to see their balance, what they owe, etc before they make a purchase? Is this included with your extension or do I need to use another extension? Or build it myself somehow?

It would be a lot more helpful to have a userguide with screenshots than videos. Most of the videos I have been able to find on Youtube are of much older versions of the extension. Also, watching videos takes too long if we just need to know one or two things. A video forces to watch things we know about or don't need to watch over and over just to get to a item we need to know about.

However, since you get so upset whenever I ask about a user guide, would you please do a video to explain how everything I listed above is supposed to work?

As I said before, for those of us who don't know your product and especially those of us new to Joomla, this is not obvious at all. We need to know what all of this looks like, how it works together, etc. It's NOT obvious to anyone, even the experienced Joomla people I talked to. we all agree that user guides would work the best, but a video is better than nothing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need help setting up shopping cart and other items 6 years 11 months ago #3484

I am still trying to get this extension to work and am not having any luck. I needed it to work yesterday.

Today when I click on add to cart, it appears nothing happens.
When I go to the cart, it shows the product, but still has the message,"Sorry you have not placed any orders yet".
When I click on checkout, it automatically empties the cart.

How do I fix this? How do I get this extension to work?

Do you just want to give me a refund so I can buy another one?

Need help setting up shopping cart and other items 6 years 11 months ago #3485

FYI - I went to my site and disconnected the shopping cart module, and reconnected it (to the shopping cart menu item).
Still don't know where all that module is supposed to be connected if its not to the menu item.
However, as stated in my previous message, when I'm trying to put the item in the cart, nothing happens - at least it appears that way. No message saying ti was added like I used to get or would expect to get.
Then when I go to the cart the item it there with the message saying I haven't placed and order and when I click on shopping cart it empties automatically.

I'm so frustrated. How are we supposed to know how this is supposed to work without instructions?

Need help setting up shopping cart and other items 6 years 11 months ago #3501

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Hello Kim,

Let me try to reply to your questions so you and/or other future customers can benefit from it:

1. I copied 2 buttons to one of the articles where I have an item to sell. However, when I click on the add to shopping cart, the whole website freezes. Why is it freezing?
Answer: It is either the shopping cart module missing on the page, or if it completely freezes (never reported before) it's due to a JavaScript conflict. If you send me the URL where it happens, I can diagnose it and give a proper statement, also the Developer Console in Chrome is a good source of information what's going on when there's problem with the javascript on the page.
2. When I hover over on the shopping cart menu item, half of the shopping cart buttons do not display - they are too far to the right. All you can see is a button for checkout and another white button that disappears into the right hand side of the page
Answer: That is a problem with template incompatibility, which I could help with if I have the URL, but happens when template authors do not follow best practices while developing templates.
3. Am I supposed to have a page set up for the shopping cart as well as a menu item. I thought you told me I didn't need to set up a special page because the shopping cart was "already there". What exactly does that mean?
Answer: The shopping cart is a module that should appear on each page there is a "Add To Cart" button, that's all.
4. Once I click on the shopping cart menu item, a page does appear with the shopping cart on it. Why does it display when I hover and also display on a page when I click on the menu item?
Answer: You shouldn't have the shopping cart module in a separate menu item, but as a module on each page there's add to cart button.
5. Even though the whole website freezes when I click on the add to shopping cart button, the item I wanted to add to the shopping cart now displays in the shopping cart but half of the name of the item does not display. How do I get the entire name of the item to display in the list.
Answer: This can be achieved with proper styling of the module, probably the title of the item is too long.
6. Another problem is there is a message to the left of the cart that says " However, there is a message to the left of the list that says "Sorry, you have not placed any orders yet. Why does this message appear even though there is an item in the shopping cart.
Answer: This is not the shopping cart page, this is the Downloads section where customers will be able to re-download their files once they login again.
7. Nothing happens when I click on the checkout button. Why? I realize it doesn't think I ordered anything, but then why is the item in the cart and the price listed next to it?
Answer: If PayPal is active and the order is still not submitted, my bet again is a javascript conflict. Apparently there are some conflicts as you get also some display distortions.
8. Where am I supposed to put the QuickSell Balance module. In another article? On a page? Does it need a separate page built for it already? Am I supposed to connect it to a menu item? How does it get linked to the shopping cart?
Answer: The QuicKSell Balance module can be put on every page/menu item you need it. It's a module just to show how much is left from the customer's deposit (if any)
9. When I am setting up the Menu Item for the shopping cart, what do I pick for the Menu Item Type? Once I click on Quicksell, I expected to see a shopping cart option. Instead, I see these options:
- Deposit (what page should this go on?),
- My Orders (do I pick this one?),
- Order Now (this doesn't sound like the one I want),
- Partner Statistics (I know I don't want this one),
- Statistics (do I link this to an administrator menu item of some kind?),
- Thank you Page and Thank you Page deposit (I am sure I don't select either one of these).
Answer: The shopping cart is a module that should be on every page you have add to cart module, it should not be in an article or menu item of it's own as if there are no quicksell shortcodes on the page the javascript would be missing that would make it work properly.
10. I asked before if I need a store plugin, and you said no. So where is my store for all of my downloads? In one or more articles? How do they all get tied together to be a "store"?
Answer: That is the My Orders section you mentioned in your previous question.
11. Do I need separate menu items for the customer to see their balance, what they owe, etc before they make a purchase? Is this included with your extension or do I need to use another extension? Or build it myself somehow?
Answer: Balance is used with the deposits function, if customers deposit money on the site like for example on themeforest/codeanyon sites. The cart is the module where the owed amount is shown and should be on each page there is an add to cart button.

I hope my answers will benefit you and/or future customers as well.

Thank you.
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds