Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need instructions on how to set up your product

Need instructions on how to set up your product 6 years 11 months ago #3486

I realize that many of you have been using Joomla for years and don't need instructions for how to set up an extension, but I am not one of you.

I need to see instructions for extensions. Having a couple of videos about how to set up the configurations is not enough for me.

Do I need a store extension to go with this product? If not, how do I set up the items to sell?
I can't get the shopping cart to work at all. How do I set it up?
Which items do I select for the shopping cart menu item?
Why don't my items go into the shopping cart even though I have the add to shopping cart button in an article ?
Do I only use articles as my "store"?

I find it very frustrating that few vendors provide proper user guides, so you are not the only company who frustrates me when it comes to Joomla (and Wordpress) But if you worked in mainstream IT you would be fired for not providing decent instructions and expecting the users to just "figure it out". But this is absurd. How am I supposed to know how to do something other than set up buttons or configure the settings without instructions?!?!?!?!?!?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need instructions on how to set up your product 6 years 11 months ago #3487

BTW - I have worked for over 35 years in mainstream IT as an information architect and metadata architect, so I'm not an idiot when it comes to computers, software, etc. And I used to code in assembler and cobol. But you can't assume people should just figure it out or that we are stupid if we can't. You wrote the code, you set it up, we didn't So how are we supposed to know what to do without instructions?

This whole environment of Joomla and WordPress needs to start doing things we in mainstream IT learned how to do properly years ago. We need models, user guides, and programmers/coders who don't think everyone else is an idiot.

Need instructions on how to set up your product 6 years 11 months ago #3488

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Hello Kim,

I'll guide you trough the process you requested and I promised, I got briefly hospitalized today due to some stress related health problems, but I should be able to get back in action in the morning and guide you trough the process.

I"ll make sure there's nothing unclear.

Expect more news from me asap.

Thanks
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com

Need instructions on how to set up your product 6 years 11 months ago #3489

Please take care of yourself. I don't want to add to your stress, so I'll figure out another way to deal with all of this. Take care.

Need instructions on how to set up your product 6 years 11 months ago #3503

• admin
  • Administrator
Hello Kim,

I did answer the questions in your other topic. Let me know if you still need my help at all.

Sorry for the delay, wasn't planned.

Thank you for your patience.
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Need instructions on how to set up your product 6 years 11 months ago #3504

• admin
  • Administrator
Hello Kim,

I did answer the questions in your other topic. Let me know if you still need my help at all.

Sorry for the delay, wasn't planned.

Thank you for your patience.
Plugin Developer
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds