Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Emailed download link doesn't work / Free gifts?

Emailed download link doesn't work / Free gifts? 6 years 7 months ago #3667

• Carol
  • Fresh Boarder
Two questions:

1) I have had to disable emails because I can't get the download links to work.

Using %%downloadlink%% variable means the URL does get included in the email but that URL either just go to the website and a blank page (Joomla 3.8) or else it says the download limit is exceeded even when I have reset the download limit on the order to 0 and ensured the item is published.

Going to the customers post order download page using the "Open" button on alongside the order on the Orders backend page does allow the file to be downloaded from the download link on that page.

Is there any variable I can sent to email that will allow the user to return to the users post order download page for the order?

2) Is there anyway I can create an order as a free gift for someone besides setting up a coupon? It would be useful for testing purposes.
Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Emailed download link doesn't work / Free gifts? 6 years 7 months ago #3669

• Carol
  • Fresh Boarder
Is anyone monitoring support requests?

Emailed download link doesn't work / Free gifts? 6 years 6 months ago #3673

• Carol
  • Fresh Boarder
Well I am extremely disappointed - one of the reasons I purchased this extension was because it was supposed to come with support within 12 hours or money back.

QUOTE: Priority Support Problem resolution in up to 12 hours or a full refund.

Not only have I posted here but also sent a message to the developer via the blue leave a message link.

So far no reply to either request - not even an acknowledgement.
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Carol.

Emailed download link doesn't work / Free gifts? 6 years 6 months ago #3674

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Hello Carol,

Please excuse the delay, I never got a notification for that post. For faster communication use directly the support email. You would get a reply there 7 days per week.
1) I have had to disable emails because I can't get the download links to work.
Reply: What is the link expiration and download limit set to at the moment? Make sure it's a value like "1 year" for expiration and "30" for downloads. Is it an ebook / pdf file? Is it in the PDF 1.5 Acrobat 5 compatibility format? Looking forward to get more info.

Regarding your questions:
2) Is there anyway I can create an order as a free gift for someone besides setting up a coupon? It would be useful for testing purposes.
Yes, you go to the orders section, you select a file and user on the bottom of the page and click Add Order.

Thankds!
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com

Emailed download link doesn't work / Free gifts? 6 years 6 months ago #3675

• Carol
  • Fresh Boarder
They are Adobe 8+ compatible PDF files, they are good for 3 downloads and 7 days. I am not using any form of encryption or watermarking.

The emails with the download link just went to a blank page (just the template elements showing).

When I use the link through the backend to open the download page it works fine and if the number of downloads or time has expired I get a message to that effect.

Even after resetting the downloads I still get a blank page from the email link.

I haven't set up user accounts (really don't want or need those) so I can't add an order manually just using an email address?
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Carol.

Emailed download link doesn't work / Free gifts? 6 years 6 months ago #3676

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
I replied via email, then I saw the post here, can you let me know what is checked on the PDF protection page? Can I get a screenshot or a login?

Thanks
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds