Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is there a chance to use it inside an ecommerce?

Is there a chance to use it inside an ecommerce? 11 years 6 months ago #620

• giaguar
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello there,
I'm very interesting in this component. But from the info I collected about it I'm not sure it can be used inside an eCommerce like Virtuemart.
I mean, I already have a page about Product Details in which I show the Cart button, I already have a robust Order management and I have an invoice management too.

I just need to have a way to upload files about my products and have the possibility to insert a tag inside the email to send the invoice with which allow customer downloading the purchased file.

I'm aware it's important to know, for your component, some customer data (email and password for his paypal access), but there's not any problem to tell it manually (back end) or automatically in such a way.

So, is there any chance to use it with Virtuemart?
Thanks
Last Edit: 11 years 6 months ago by giaguar.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Is there a chance to use it inside an ecommerce? 11 years 6 months ago #623

• admin
Hello,

QuickSell is a separate extension, it's code can be placed anywhere though, so it should work inside VirtueMart product details too. Orders made trough it's buttons tough, will not be visible under VM, but in QuickSel admin panel, where it has it's own orders manager.

Let me know if you need more information.

P.S. For using my extension, you do not need to know your buyer's paypal password. That would be illegal. The extension send the user to paypal, he pays the price you set, and he's then back on site where he can download from the thank you page.

Thanks!

Re: Is there a chance to use it inside an ecommerce? 6 years 4 months ago #3715

I also tried putting the QuickSell button codes into the Short Description or Long Description pages of Virtuemart items, in order to use the QuickSell functions inside Virtuemart, but the codes didn't render into buttons on the items in the Virtuemart store... Has anyone successfully done this in some way with Virtuemart?

Re: Is there a chance to use it inside an ecommerce? 6 years 4 months ago #3720

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Hello,

VirtueMart, SP Page builder or any other plugin must use the content prepare feature in joomla to process shortcodes.

The problem itself comes from VirtueMart, you could work around it by using Modules Anywhere and put quicksell code in a module, enable content prepare in module's advanved settings and then embed that module in the virtuemart description.

Thanks
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com

Re: Is there a chance to use it inside an ecommerce? 6 years 4 months ago #3721

Thanks..actually you should tell your customers that Virtuemart has an "Enable Content plugin" setting in its config. Once I enabled that, the QuickSell buttons rendered perfectly!

Re: Is there a chance to use it inside an ecommerce? 6 years 4 months ago #3723

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Thanks for sharing!
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds