Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Not limiting downloads, repeating orders per each download

Not limiting downloads, repeating orders per each download 9 years 2 weeks ago #2462

• najmahu
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
I am happy to have finished all the necessary ingredients to use your eBook plug in. I have noticed two problems that I need help to resolve before I keep the eBook plugin "live" (I have removed the link for now, until problem solved).

#1) I tested the live eBook store, and bought and paid for a copy of my own book. The download came across beautifully, and everything seems to work fine. Except, I marked in the settings that customers should get only 2 downloads per payment. But I was able to repeatedly download my book 5 or 6 times, and the link did not expire after 2 downloads.

#2) In the orders panel, every time I downloaded the book, it appeared as a new order, so I have 12 orders from myself showing. I don't mind, I know I can delete them, but this will be a problem for our record keeping when we have real customers downloading.

Kindly advise me how we can resolve these issues.

Best,
Najma
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Also not watermarking 9 years 2 weeks ago #2467

• najmahu
  • Fresh Boarder
I forgot also to mention, when I open my book after download, the security feature I checked, the water mark that contains the licensee's information at the top of each page, does not appear.

Thank you for your help.

Also not watermarking 9 years 2 weeks ago #2468

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Hi there,

Did you tried the latest version? It should have these issues taken care of.
(Please note the file must be saved in PDF 1.5 or earlier, that's Acrobat 5.0 support, if you don't have the software to resave it you can simply forward me a copy and I will take care of that. That's most likely the cause of the missing watermarks).

Thanks
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com

Still not watermarking or limiting downloads 9 years 2 weeks ago #2471

• najmahu
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I have version 3.7 of your plug in. I have since tried saving my document as "interactive" pdf to regular pdf. ( I have Adobe pdf saving version at 1.4, which according to your advice, should work as long as it is 1.5 Adobe or earlier). I sent you my interactive pdf if you want to try and convert it. However, after trying the second time, buying my own book, I still am not seeing limits on my downloads, no watermarking with my info.

If I need a more recent version of your plug in, please send it.

Thank you,
Najma

Still not watermarking or limiting downloads 9 years 2 weeks ago #2472

• najmahu
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I have now upgraded to Version 3.8. Made sure my pdf is Adobe 1.5 or earlier (mine is 1.4). Still no watermark, no limit on download, and I forgot to mention, all along, it does not ask me for my email password, but downloads automatically when I hit download link.

I look forward to your help with it.

Najma

eBook plug in now no longer providing DRM features 9 years 2 weeks ago #2474

• najmahu
  • Fresh Boarder
Hmmm, I'm now thoroughly confused,

I downloaded the $30 "business" version of your eBook store plugin for our non-profit's book site. I just went in to try a few more things, since I have been writing you about problems I am having with the plug-ins DRM features working (the original reason I bought your plug in). Although I have tried your suggestions (updating from the 3.7 version you originally sent me to the 3.8 version, and making sure the pdf is 1.5 version or earlier), and it is still not functioning, I just now noticed that when I go in to the settings, the eBook plug in is no longer allowing me to select any of the features (water marking, QR code, encryption, etc). It's telling me I must upgrade to "pro" to get these features.

Am I now being asked to pay again (by updating to "pro") for features that I thought I purchased in the first place? Or is this upgrade free? Please advise.

Najma
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds